February is special for two reasons – the shortest month in the year & it’s the month that hosts Valentine’s day. With Valentine’s day comes various posts about Valentine’s day gift ideas. So why should you read this article? It’s because the list I made for you is tried and test and is guaranteed to generate more than love in your relationship. Magic is very much possible.
Valentine’s Day. What’s Special?
What can I write about Valentine’s day- there are many stories, historical facts, and pagan mythology that may tell us about its origin, but what we are conditioned to celebrate now, is a day dedicated to “Love”.
The canvas turns pink, the red heart floats everywhere, social media gets plastered with heavily edited pictures of couples in love, your phone beeps with marketing and promotion of valentine’s day events, shopping, concert and of course, dinner.
It’s too much pressure for singles. It’s a good laughter for non-followers and cynics, but it’s a festival of much fun, frolic, and joy for us romantics.
So, since I still carry many romantic bones and a joyful heart even after 5 years of marriage and 1 child, I thought of compiling a list of some wonderful Valentine’s Day Gift for people who are like me- In Love & Lazy!
So, here’s a last-minute reminder to save the day for my readers in Dubai. Here goes,
- Cherish the moment with a Photograph– It’s Valentine’s day. Why not freeze the love & beauty of this day with your partner, in a frame and cherish it forever?
- Check out Anushri Kumar’s work at Cooes n Cuddles Photography. She is wonderful at capturing the love and vibes through her camera. She had done a family session for us and you can read all about her if you click here. What more, you can avail a discount too!! Read the post and contact here
- Another very talented photographer is Megha Chopra. Check out her Facebook Page here and contact her to book a couple photoshoot. Sharing with you one of her clicks. I personally can’t wait to get clicked by her.
- Create Fun Memories– Things you buy come with an expiry date, but things you experience stays with you forever.
- How about some thrill on a Circuit? For my honeymoon, my husband took me to the F1 circuit in India to drive a sports car. It was one of the most “fast, furious & fun “ moment for me, so I highly recommend some thrilling drive, in a fancy car on the valentine’s day with your guy. Go kart racing or laser tagging with your man and show him your fun side. Check out the Dubai Autodrome website and make your bookings now.
- Or the Romantic Hot Air Balloon ride? My husband & I recently had a wonderful time on board a hot air balloon at the peak of dawn thanks to the Balloon Adventures Dubai. Go to their website and make that booking for a fun time up in the sky. What more? If you want to propose your love on Valentine’s day, they have got it covered. Just give them a call.
More ways to experience love? Go Scuba diving, go on a desert safari, take a helicopter ride, or just hire a billiard room and have a good time. Check out Groupon.ae for some amazing deals on Valentine’s day.
- Go classic– The old-fashioned red rose bouquet, heart-shaped balloons, and expensive jewelry never ever gets old in showing that you love.
- Flowers and chocolates are always welcome on Valentine’s Day, however in celebration of this day of romance and love, a little sparkle will get you a long way. Walk into the mall of your choice like the Dubai Mall, and find the Tiffany store or the Cartier or just roam around in the souq and buy your loved one some amazing piece of jewelry. This Valentine’s Day, La Marquise Jewellery has an array of special pieces that will have hearts fluttering and eyes twinkling. Check out their website and see for yourself. No woman can say no to this gesture and for men, well, there are many luxurious cuff-links and bracelets out there to choose and splurge on. SO check out their offerings.Here are some pictures:That time of the year where you let your loved one (or maybe even yourself!) know just how much they mean is just around the corner, so whether you are planning on treating yourself or nudging your significant other in the right direction, La Marquise Jewellery has got you covered with a very special Valentine’s Day offerings.
- Give some thoughtful romantic gifts like roses, hearts & chocolates. I know just the place which is one stop shop, that too online for anything traditional valentines you need. It’s called GiftBag.ae and click here to go to their website. You can see various options for flowers, cakes, cupcakes, chocolates and gifts to make your special one’s day, extra special.
- Or how about some Essential Oils Candles to get you in the mood? Palm Lights specializes in certified sustainable palm wax candles, fragranced with pure essential oils. Their Valentine’s candle is sealed with love and comes packed in a pretty box. Each candle is double wicked and has a burn life of 100 hours. These customizable candles are priced at AED 200 and can be made in the fragrance of your choice. They are now accepting orders via pre-booking, so check out their page here and order your Love Candles Now.
4. Or Give them the Unexpected: Go with some new age Gift ideas. If giving roses and jewelry is very ” Last Season” for you, I have found some quirky new ideas too.
- Say ” I love you with a Doodle”: This Valentine’s Day express your love with more than just flowers, chocolates and selfies. Visit the Little Big Things website and get doodled instead – You and your dearie – Be it your BF/GF hubby, bestie, kid, mum, pet – the one you love! Check out their website here and give them a call. You can see their Instagram here.
- How about saying it with Books? If you are and your loved one is a book lover like my hubby and me, then this gift option is just for you. They are JAFink Monthly Subscription Boxes. Check out their website and subscribe to their February box. You can subscribe to an ink crate with books and various fun activities based on the theme of your love. Here is the link to their Instagram Page. This is when you romance the brain. Right?
- Name a star after your Love: Yup, It’s possible. And that’s exactly what I did for my Husband on his birthday this year. I named a Star after him. What can be more poetic and romantic than that, right? It’s pretty simple, you can name a star or even a constellation. Any name is possible. All the star namings they process are recorded in the globally recognized Star-naming Registry. The naming of a star is valid for a lifetime, and there are no additional costs. If you want to register a star in the universe and give it your loved one’s name click here. What more, go to my Instagram by clicking here and avail a discount of 20% on your star registration by using my unique referral code. This is truly a perfect gift this Valentines.
5. Food can forge the bond. : I cannot possibly end this list, without giving you some options to take your loved one and enjoy a great meal while having a good time.
Check out my recommendations:
- Media One Hotel: Whether you’re in a relationship or flying solo, Media One has something for everyone on February 14th!
Anti-Valentine’s Day Quiz in garden on 8
If Valentine’s Day is not your thing, come to garden on 8 where our weekly quiz will take on an “Anti-Valentine’s Day” theme. Their questions will have an anti-love twist (think “who had the most expensive celebrity divorce of all time”) and you’ll stand the chance to win prizes ranging from a weekend staycation at Media. For more information and bookings please contact Gorjan and team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coco is the perfect place to take your other half this Valentine’s Day. Spend the evening under the stars in this Miami-inspired lounge and enjoy a delicious sharing platter and bottle of bubbly for AED199* per couple. Don’t forget to sample their amazing shisha by the pool to make the evening extra special. Get in touch with Michele and the Coco team at email@example.com to book today.
Valentine’s Day in Qwerty
If you’re really looking to impress your date on February 14th, take them to Qwerty. Qwerty has prepared a three-course Valentine’s Day menu including lightly home-smoked salmon, minted purple potatoes, pea puree asparagus & hollandaise and braised beef bourguignon with potato puree. To finish, they are treating you to a divine white chocolate & strawberry pannacotta with dark chocolate sauce. Valentine’s Day menu includes a bottle of wine to share and a welcome drink on arrival for AED495* per couple. Chef Giles, Rebecca and team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings.
Gal-entine’s Day in caféM
What’s Valentine’s Day with your gal pals? Gal-entine’s Day! Amy Poehler immortalized the holiday in Parks and Recreation, but even if you’re not a fan of the show you can still celebrate. Ladies, gather your girls for our Gal-entine’s Day in caféM. From 7pm-10pm indulge in the finest selection of cheese and chocolate in the city, complemented by free-flowing reds, whites, and rosé all for AED199* per person. – email caféM@mediaonehotel.com for bookings.
I hope you like my 2 cents on what you can do to make your Valentines Day special in Dubai. And I hope that the love you feel on 14th February, lasts you every day, of your lifetime.
Now that will be romantic. Isn’t it?
PS: Don’t forget to read my article on Valentine’s Day for New Parents. Click here to read it.