‘If I had to use just 2 oils for my face & hair care, for the rest of my life, I will choose Olive Oil & Coconut Oil’
I have been feeling very festive. Enjoyed myself on Diwali and now I am preparing for Halloween. I believe good hair and skin are the keys to looking and feeling beautiful. Even though I was hit by the seasonal flu, what kept me looking and feeling like a million bucks was the fact that at least my hair looked shiny, happy & healthy and for that I thank Palmers.
As you are aware, I am one of Palmer’s brand ambassador in the UAE, and as a result, I get to use and review Palmer’s products before they even hit the market. You will be happy to know that Palmer’s UAE launched three haircare range here in the UAE at the start of this month:
1. The Raw Shea Butter Range – You can read my review of the same here
2. The Manuka Flower Honey Range. – Unfortunately, I have not tried it yet
3. The Olive Oil Range- Keep reading 😊
Today, I will be reviewing their Olive Oil formula based Smoothing Shampoo & leave – in conditioner. I received these products from the company to use and review. I assure you that my review like any of my reviews will be honest and heartfelt.
I unboxed these products very happily singing Happy Diwali on my Insta- story. I hope you saw my excitement and felt it too. It’s because Palmer’s Olive Oil Formula Smoothing Shampoo moisturizes and smoothens frizzy hair, replenishes moisture and nutrients and removes product buildup. The balanced blend of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Hair Keratin Amino Acids and Vitamin E cleanses thoroughly and leaves hair softer, with a smoother texture, easier to style, healthier and stronger.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: contains naturally occurring vitamins and minerals which act as antioxidants protecting hair and skin from damaging free radicals
- Vitamin E: aides in hair’s natural ability to repair damage, an essential step in the process of strengthening the follicle that allows hair to grow long and healthy
- Keratin: replenishes lost keratin in damaged hair, helping to strengthen and repair hair
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil: It works for all hair types and textures. I am a fan of Castor oil and I have previously mentioned it benefits on this post. Click here.
- This rich, smoothing shampoo is specifically formulated to nourish and repair unruly frizz-prone hair
- Infused with extra virgin olive oil and Jamaican black castor oil, it helps to detangle, defrizz, smooth and soften hair
- Gentle enough for daily use, this is a sulfate free, paraben free, gluten free product that can even be used on tender scalps and sensitive skin
Leave – in conditioner
- Palmer’s® Olive Oil Formula® Leave-In Conditioner nourishes and repairs dry, frizzy hair. Enriched with an intensive blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Vitamin E, Keratin, and Silk proteins, this lightweight spray helps control frizz, adds shine, reduces split ends, detangles and acts as a heat protectant from styling damage. Can be used daily on dry or wet hair to detangle and moisturize, leaving hair more manageable.
- With continued use, hair becomes silkier and more manageable with frizz-free shine
- Key hair-healthy ingredients combine to form a protective seal around unruly, frizz-prone, damaged hair, repairing and replacing essential moisture and adding unsurpassed shine
My Hair Texture & type:
I have naturally curly hair. I have used straightening products on my hair in the past and that has made my hair even more unruly now that the effect has gone, and difficult to manage. I believe in cruelty-free, paraben & sulfate free products for my hair type because I really don’t want to feed them harsh chemicals anymore.
How I used it
- Olive Oil Formula Smoothing Shampoo: I had oiled my hair a night before as is my routine. So, I had an awfully oily lot of hair to wash ironically by the Olive Oil formula!! 😊 I started off by rinsing my hair with warm water thoroughly before lightly shampooing the scalp. I was impressed by the mild fragrance and it lathered better than the previous shampoo that I have used of Palmers. I then used my Shea Formula Curl Repair Moisture Conditioner by Palmer’s, another one of my favorite and then towel dried my hair.
- Olive Oil Formula Leave-in Conditioner: I generously sprayed the leave-in conditioner across the length and breadth of my hair. I must say, that I like the easy to use spray packaging and it immediately tamed the unruliness of my quickly drying hair.
What I like
- I like that these products are paraben-free & sulfate free
- I like that with Olive Oil, it also has Black castor oil to add that extra punch of smoothness to my hair. I liked that after drying it didn’t flatten my hair. My curls were intact and so was the volume of my hair.
- My hair was visibly shiny and less frizzy, I am hoping for more benefits with continued use. See it for yourself in the pic.
The hero ingredient of this shampoo & conditioner duo is Olive Oil, something that I have been putting on my daughter’s hair and body since her infant days. So obviously it’s very safe and effective ingredient when it comes to hair and skin care.
Also, these products are a wonderful buy, priced at AED 32 each!! Now, why would I buy an extremely pricey hair product when Palmers gives me the same results, that too without the use of harsh chemicals!
I would recommend this line to all you ladies who have chemically treated hair which tends to get unruly. This olive oil formula will help you, I am sure.
I am told that these products are NOW AVAILABLE in selected Boots: Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Mirdif city center, Deira city center, Al Barsha and Al wahda mall in Abu Dhabi
This is a personal blog. Therefore, all information provided on this blog is for entertainment and informational purposes only. I do not provide medical, legal or professional advice and do not claim to do so. Any written information contained in this blog is solely my opinion, thought and/or observation and should be understood as such.
I do not accept any products for free to review if I do not personally vouch for their quality and standards. I would not recommend anything to you if I would not buy it for me or the ones close to me. It’s as simple as that!
I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even then I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, on those topics or products based on my own experiences and point of view. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service on this website should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. To read my Policies & Disclosures please click here.
You may also buy Palmer’s product here on Souq.com to help me earn a teeny tiny bit of a commission to fund my blog.