Do you have curly hair? Is the summer frying your hair to an unbearable mess of frizz? Would you like to discover a new sulphate free, nutrient rich shampoo & conditioner by Palmer’s? Then you have landed on the right page.
Palmer’s was my most used brand during my pregnancy. When I think of my pregnancy, I get the scent of Palmer’s shea butter lotion. It’s only recently that I got to know that Palmer’s also have very many wonderful products right from hair care to skin care. When I decided to collaborate with Palmer’s middle east, as their brand ambassador, it was only due to my respect for the brand and the trust on the quality of their products.
Today, I will be reviewing their Shea Butter formula based Moisture Rich Shampoo & conditioner. I received these products from the company to use and review. I assure you that my review like any of my reviews will be honest and heartfelt.
Palmer’s raw natural Shea Butter is sustainably sourced in Africa. This rich super moisturizing ingredient is the building block for healthy, protected hair. Palmer’s claim that their Shea Formula Moisture repair range strives to bring your hair back from the brink! The three Shea Formula products (shampoo, conditioner and curl cream) are perfect for revitalizing your tresses whether normal or curly. Dry or damaged or colored.
Raw Shea Butter: Deeply moisturizes and repairs.
Argan Oil: Enhances vibrancy and shine.
Grape Seed Oil: Protects against color fade and dullness.
- This rich, deeply moisturizing shampoo is specifically formulated to nourish and repair dry, damaged, fragile hair
- Infused with essential moisturizers and nutrients to detangle, defrizz, smooth and soften hair
- Gentle enough for daily use, this sulfate free formula of raw, natural African Shea Butter Keratin, Argan Oil, Grape Seed Oil and Vitamin E removes buildup without stripping hair or interrupting its important moisture balance
- This nourishing daily conditioner continually hydrates as it delivers a rich blend of raw, natural African Shea Butter, Argan Oil, Grape Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, and Vitamin E to instantly detangle, nourish and repair dry, damaged hair
- With continued use, hair becomes silkier and more manageable with frizz-free shine
- Key hair-healthy ingredients combine to form a protective seal around weak, fragile, damaged hair, repairing and replacing essential moisture needed and adding unsurpassed shine
My Hair Texture & type:
I have naturally curly hair. My hair is high in volume and is really going bonkers in Dubai summer currently. My mane is exhibiting a mind of her own and is seriously getting frizzier in this weather than normal. I have in the past used straightening products (Yup! Big mistake, I know!) and that has done it\s damage on my poor hair. I also color my hair every 2 months. I need my shampoo and conditioner to be very moisturizing and hydrating for my hair & scalp. I would like it to be as close to natural as possible as I do not like sulphate heavy hair wash, they dry my hair further. I also want a product that keeps my color going strong and gives my hair bounce, strength and squeaky-clean feel.
How I used it
- Shea Formula Curl Repair Moisture Shampoo:
I had oiled my hair a night before as is my routine. So, I had an awfully oily lot of hair to wash. I started off by rinsing my hair with warm water thoroughly before lightly shampooing the scalp. I immediately liked the Shea- Vanilla kind of fragrance. Because there is no sulphate here, it doesn’t lather up as much as your normal chemically high shampoos. So, I repeated the shampoo step again, to ensure my hair was clean. The Moisture Shampoo has a surprisingly good amount of hold. My hair felt soft to touch even before conditioning.
- Shea Formula Curl Repair Moisture Conditioner: Next it was time to give my hair a blob of Curl repair Moisture conditioning treatment. For this, I poured a generous amount of conditioner in my hand and I evenly distributed it with my finger detangling through from the root to the tip. I then took a wide tooth comb and combed my hair while listening to the radio. Yes, I have a speaker in my bathroom. After about 2 songs (say 5 minutes), I rinsed my hair with warm water. The hair felt soft, smooth & moisturized.
What I like
- I like that these products are paraben-free & sulphate free
- I like that with Shea Butter and Argan oil, it also has grape seed oil. I recently learned about the benefits of grape seed oil, from my trip to Georgia. You can read my travel experience here
- I liked that after drying it didn’t flatten my hair. My curls were intact and so was the volume of my hair.
- My hair was visibly less frizzy, I am hoping for more benefits with continued use.
- I feel glad that I am using a product that also serves society in some way. Did you know that Palmer’s raw, natural shea butter is ethically sourced in Burkina Faso Africa? The supplier in this region has adopted a sustainable partnership with the women’s cooperatives that not only improves control of the quality and supply but helps in the development of these rural areas through the creation of jobs and transparent remuneration
The hero ingredient of this shampoo & conditioner duo is Shea butter which is ideal for deep conditioning. Personally, for me, it ticked all the right boxes. I didn’t find anything that was a thumb down. I think it’s a sincere product and is very budget friendly too. The results are on par with some luxury brands and so I didn’t find anything not to like in it. I would definitely recommend this line to all you curly/wavy haired beauties looking for an affordable, sulfate-free hair care range. The duo is also worth picking up to get your hair back in shape after the summer scorcher climate of the UAE and/ or if you are battling the damp monsoon of India, this can help tame the frizz.
This is a personal blog. Therefore, all information provided on this blog is for entertainment and informational purposes only. I do not provide medical, legal or professional advice and do not claim to do so. Any written information contained in this blog is solely my opinion, thought and/or observation and should be understood as such. I am sometimes compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even then I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, on those topics or products based on my own experiences and point of view. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service on this website should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. To read my Policies & Disclosures please click here.