It’s not international women day. There is no rhyme or reason to write women empowering article. Most people get all excited on women’s day. They write, they intellectualize and revere women on social media, gathering and probably even in their living room, but what happens a day after? Most forget it. Some feel it but not voice it as much, while some work for the cause regardless. A lot of us feel very strongly about various #womenproblem, and may be some of us do some things about it too.
When Women Support each other, incredible things happen!
But here’s something all of us can do every day and make women in us and around us feel special every day of the year.
1. Your housemaid, your nanny, the lady who comes to collect your garbage or the lady who comes to cook for you, massage your newborn. They are women too. They have rights as well. They need a day off too. And yes, they look forward to kindness & perks from their employers ( you) just as much as us the more qualified women. Guess, what they deserve it too. Don’t grudge it when they take a sick leave or ask for a weekly off.
2. The mother whose views are different than yours. You are a breastfeeder but they feed their child formula milk, you co-sleep but they have a nursery for the baby, you are a stay at home mom while they go to work. You are not a better mom and guess what, neither are they. We are all doing our best as mothers. Don’t you think it’s time we stop judging other moms for their choice & lifestyle?
3. Your mom in law is a woman too. You don’t have to like her, but you don’t have to hate her too. Try to understand every woman you meet. They may be good, bad, ugly people but as long as they are not rapists, murderer or terrorists you don’t have much reasons to hate them. Use empathy and learn to respect other women and their journey
4. Your daughter. Today she is a child, tomorrow she will be a woman. Her inner voice will be your voice. Her confidence will be derived from what she sees in you. Her expectations from men and how men should treat her will come from what she will see between her parents, especially from her mom. If you are submissive, your daughter may grow up to be timid too. If you are aggressive, your daughter may already have inherited your anger and destructive mindset. You define her normal. You epitomize her idol woman. Don’t you think it’s time you become one?
5. The woman inside you. You are a body with a mind & soul. This woman who lives inside you deserve as much live, care & appreciation as the women around you. Be kind to yourself. Love your body. Do something that pleases your soul. Dream unabashedly and then pursue them with all your might. Be all that you have the potential to be. Be nice, be gentle but take no shit from toxic sources. Protect yourself. Protect from external and internal harm. Know that you are an equal in God’s big world. Know that you are not better than men and that you are no less. Know that you are able, you are enough and you are complete.
We expect a lot from men and we call the world patriarchal. It’s true yes, but there is so much we women can do for each other. We women should truly unite and appreciate our fraternity. We should look at each other beyond the shoes, clothes & makeup and make real connections.
Let’s celebrate our womanhood. And let’s learn to love, encourage, Empower, and appreciate every women we meet. Change begins with us, within us.