April is a month when I invariably get swinging between the cocktails of emotions. Excitement because it’s my birthday month, Anxiety because I will have to remember my new age and introspection because it’s time to ponder on the year gone by and make affirmations for the year to come. One such, April morning, when I checked my phone, rubbing my still sleepy eyes, I couldn’t believe what hit me. I saw a post by Stephanie of BlendedLifeHappyWife. I couldn’t believe it for a good two minutes that she even reads my blog enough to nominate for BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD. I said to myself, “Dude, now you can call yourself a blogger”
I am still smiling as I write this. Dear Stephanie, if you are reading this, please accept my heartfelt thanks for acknowledging me and my efforts in this universe full of some amazing and some not so amazing bloggers. It feels extremely encouraging when a fellow blogger, appreciates you, admires your work and doesn’t shy away from recognizing you. You my dear are a fabulous lady and it shows in your writing, your perspective and your blog and I wish you all the success and happiness in all that you are yet to achieve.
Do check out Stephanie’s blog, called Blendedlifehappywife, here and spread the love.
With the glory comes responsibility.
So, here’s what I am supposed to do. If you are a blogger, read on. And if you are not a blogger, you must be a very kind hearted person or my relative or my friend or may be even my fan to read about me being recognized by the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD, so please continue to be this awesome.
How My Blog Started
It was a week before my little one turned 1. In the last 12 months of my life, I had only strived to keep another human alive by loving her, caring for her, feeding her, changing her diapers and living for her. My first anniversary as a mother and her first anniversary as a human called for something more than just a massive birthday party or fancy holiday, I wanted to do something more than money can buy. I had been writing journal almost every day. I had had a private blog for my eyes only before I even got married and blogging was a new thing on the internet, so I decided to create a blog on Facebook, to pour my mommy heart out and connect with other like-minded moms over the internet sharing stories and passing the downtime together virtually. On the first day of launching the blog itself, I got 100 followers. This was something, I had not even imagined coming even in a year’s time. My blog saw a name change, a website of its own and a total following of about 5k pair of eyes through social media. Now, I guest blog for other websites. I review products and services. I am a lifestyle blogger and I write about motherhood, self-improvement, relationship beauty & wellness but I take more pride in featuring other great mothers out there whose stories should be told and other bloggers out there whose words should be read everywhere.
The Two Pieces of Advice I Would Give to New Bloggers are:
- Know why you blog: Is it to make money? To tell stories? To connect to other people? To get famous? To beat loneliness? Or to practice your writing skills. Figure out what this is. Is it a hobby, vocation, passion or just a let-out of feelings through words? Do this, because that will determine what you want from it. Knowing why you do it, will give you the picture of what you want, and then you will just have to discover the road to reach there.
- Connect. Respect: Read the blogs of other people in your niche. So, if you aspire to be a fashion blogger, read and follow other fashion blogger. Observe their work, their writing, their feed, their hashtags. Try and engage with them, connect with them, you never know if some of them might hold your hands and mentor you or shout out for you to help you get more traffic, and respect other bloggers. Respect their views. Respect even if their opinion doesn’t match yours. Respect the fraternity because you are now part of it. Community is over competition, any day.
Now it’s my turn to recognize and send my love to the Following Bloggers and Their Blogs for the Blogger Recognition Award. These are the bloggers I found through blog support groups, Instagram, Facebook and even by stalking few hashtags. But they stayed in my memory and I visit their blogs often to read their articles, like and share them and to get inspired. If you are reading this, please go to their blog and drop in to say Hi.
1. Inez Bayardo of Fortheloveofmom
2. Belle of Oneawesomemomma
3. Melanie from clementinecounty
4.Harshika from Onlyonewaytofindout
5. Stacy from Taylor411
6. Jasmine Jonas from JasmineJonasblog
7. Jennifer Vara from Mombreak
8. Jalisa from Thriftyhautemom
9. Toni Graham from Foryouson
10. Stephanie from Sweetbabybrie
11. Lauren Aeus from TheBeautyMajlis
12. Tracy of Frugalfloridamom
13. Archie from Presentfullmama
14. Maria from Thebloggermommie
15. Verushka from Spicegoddess
So, it’s time to pass on the baton to these fabulous bloggers I listed above. After you see your name listed here with your blog, smile – pat yourself on the back, send me a virtual hug and do the following please:
Rules of participating in Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Thank you Blendedlifehappywife, once again and cheers to you 15 for being the next in line of the BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
Stay Awesome. Keep Blogging.